Global Virology Center
BSL-2 and BSL-3 Virology Services
San Diego, California
Located in San Diego, California, the Microbiologics Global Virology Center is a state-of-the-art BSL-2 and BSL-3 facility equipped with the latest advanced technology and operated by a team of specialized experts ready to partner with diagnostic technology and bio/pharmaceutical organizations to successfully bring new diagnostic instrumentation, assays and therapeutics to market. We offer BSL-2 and BSL-3 antiviral testing, assay development, clinical trial testing, and viral stock production including high-titer virus and reverse genetics.
Learn more about our virology services:
Certifications and Registrations
BSL-2 and BSL-3 Laboratories
Microbiologics’ Global Virology Center has state-of-the-art laboratories at classifications Biosafety level 2,
Biosafety level 2 enhanced and Biosafety level 3 organisms.
We have extensive experience specific to influenza and other pathogenic viruses including:
- Permits and licensing required to acquire and work with influenza viruses (including H5N1 and H7N2) and other highly pathogenic viruses
- Personnel trained in aspects of influenza virus production, purification and testing
- Certified equipment, Standard Operating Procedures for BSL-2 and BSL-3 procedures
- Ultracentrifugation capacity for virus purification and analysis
- BSL-2 viral stock production is ISO 13485:2016 certified