Global Virology Center
Viral Stock Production & Biopharma Testing Services
San Diego, CA
Formerly known as VIRAPUR, Microbiologics' Global Virology Center in San Diego, CA is a state-of-the-art facility equipped with the latest advanced technology and operated by a team of specialized experts ready to partner with R&D and Biopharma organizations to help bring their scientific innovations to life. We offer antiviral testing, assay development, clinical trial testing, and viral stock production including high-titer virus and reverse genetics.
The recently renovated laboratory provides increased capacity for viral propagation of high-titer viral stock materials. In addition, our BSL-2 viral stock production is ISO 13485:2016 certified, providing added confidence in partnering with Microbiologics.
Learn more about our virology services:
Certifications and Registrations
BSL-3 and BSL-2 Laboratories
Microbiologics’ Global Virology Center has state-of-the-art laboratories at classifications Biosafety level 2,
Biosafety level 2 enhanced and Biosafety level 3 organisms.
We have extensive experience specific to influenza and other pathogenic viruses including:
- Permits and licensing required to acquire and work with influenza viruses (including H5N1 and H7N2) and other highly pathogenic viruses
- Personnel trained in aspects of influenza virus production, purification and testing
- Certified equipment, Standard Operating Procedures for BSL-2 and BSL-3 procedures
- Ultracentrifugation capacity for virus purification and analysis
- BSL-2 viral stock production is ISO 13485:2016 certified