It’s not uncommon for food samples to inadvertently become contaminated with control strains used in the laboratory. This leads to false-positive results which can have severe financial and regulatory implications. UV-BioTAG, our line of reference strains containing green fluorescent protein (GFP) markers, make it easy to distinguish standard microorganism strains from laboratory control strains. Optimized for highly visible fluorescence, UV-BioTAG strains provide better stability because the GFP marker is integrated into the chromosome rather than the plasmid. With UV-BioTAG, you can quickly and reliably establish whether a positive test result can be traced back to a control strain cross-contamination issue, or if it is from another source.
See more food safety controls here.
- Accredited reference material under ISO 17034 standard
- Fluoresces under UV light to distinguish QC strains from other possible contaminants
- Instant dissolve pellet reduces preparation time
- Ready-to-use format saves time and money
- Refrigerated storage is easy and economical
- Online Certificate of Analysis provides detailed strain information
- Traceability to reference cultures ensures authenticity
- Technical Support experts available for guidance
- Product warranty
Applications and Test Methods
- Enumeration Methods
- Detection Methods
- Demonstration of Capability (DOC)
- Media QC
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- UV-BioTAG Swab: 6 all-in-one devices including a lyophilized microorganism pellet, ampoule of hydration fluid and inoculating swab
- UV-BioTAG Vial: 6 lyophilized microorganism pellets in glass vials
- Illustrated Instructions for Use